[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue and filtering questions

Andrew Esler aj.esler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 10:27:50 GMT 2011

Matthias,

Ideally, I dont want my clients to know about each other.

" So there must be some mechanism in place that detects worker
failure. Could that not trigger an event that is broadcast to all the
consumers of the output queue, so that they can subsequently filter
out
the results of the failed worker?"

This is pretty much what I am planning to do now. Each client
subscribe to a queue, and when a worker fails (expected to be very
infrequently), then an update is broadcast to all clients saying
ignore any messages with id of XXXXXX.
The only problem I can see with this method is that we cant know when
its safe to delete the notices saying 'ignore anything with id of
XXXXX' as we cant search the messages in the system to say that there
are no more messages with id XXXXX. However, this is unlikely to be a
major problem in practice.

As for the added complexity, I was only going to do it server side if
it was possible to do simply. As such, its not a problem.

Thanks for such a simple and easy to use yet powerful messaging
system.

Andrew