[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering problem

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 16 08:26:21 GMT 2011

Dmitry,

On 16/11/11 08:07, Pursanov Dmitry wrote:
> hope these are not problems, because of versioning
> conflicts(r1-2.7, r2-2.6)?

You certainly shouldn't mix rabbit versions in a cluster. I don't think
that's the problem here, but I suggest you run 2.7.0 on both.

> C:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ
> Server\rabbitmq_server-2.7.0\sbin>rabbitmqctl cl
> uster rabbit at r2
> Clustering node rabbit at R1 with [rabbit at r2] ...
> Error: {no_running_cluster_nodes,[rabbit at r2],[rabbit at r2]}

Forget about clustering for the moment. First try to get both nodes up
and running independently, and rabbitmqctl on both nodes to talk to the
other nodes.

So please, on both nodes

1) remove the service with 'rabbitmq-service remove'
2) set the RABBITMQ_CONSOLE_LOG env var to 'new'.
3) install the service with 'rabbitmq-service install'
4) start the service with 'rabbitmq-service start'

Then, on R1 run

- rabbitmqctl status
- rabbitmqctl -n rabbit at R2 status

and on R2

- rabbitmqctl status
- rabbitmqctl -n rabbit at R2 status

If these all work then we can move on to clustering. If they don't then
please post their output and the contents of the server console log
(which after the above steps should hopefully be present now).

Regards,

Matthias.