[rabbitmq-discuss] configuring an header exchange binding in rabbitmq.cfg

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 14 19:40:10 GMT 2011

Tom,

On 14/11/11 19:22, Tom Cellucci wrote:
> * Do all the names / parameters in the specification correspond
> precisely with syntax in rabbitmq.config?

Yes, modulo syntactic substitutions to make names etc more erlang-ish.
Specifically '-' is mapped to '_'.

> * If Exchange to Exchange Bindings are listed in the "extensions"
> section of the RabbitMQ documentation here:
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html (presumedly non-standard),
> why would the feature also be present in the specification link you
> provided?

The reference guide includes rabbit's protocol extensions. It says so at
the top, though perhaps that could be clearer.

> * A 'how-to' showing exchange-to-exchange binding in the shovel pages
> would be golden; seems it would be a fairly common scenario.

The shovel documentation could certainly be improved.

Would you consider publishing a blog post after you've got it all
working? Looks like your use of the shovel is a bit more complex than
most, so I am sure other rabbit users would find it interesting.

Regards,

Matthias.