[rabbitmq-discuss] Are there any good Perl AMQP libraries?

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Nov 9 06:34:49 GMT 2011

On 09/11/11 12:19, Al Tobey wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Toby Corkindale  wrote:
<snip>
> > However, I wondered if there are any decent AMQP libraries available
> > for Perl?
>
> I've seen, but not used Net::RabbitMQ.
> http://search.cpan.org/~jesus/Net--RabbitMQ-0.2.2/RabbitMQ.pm

Hey Al,
I didn't think to search for RabbitMQ, just AMQP. >.<

I've just been having a play with Net::RabbitMQ today, and am not
getting a great feeling about it. The documentation is, at best, sparse,
and in places simply incomplete.

It also seems to be missing any kind of 'wait for message' functionality.
ie. As far as I can tell, you need to do a busy-loop on get, which'll
spin your CPU at 100% until a message comes in. Not ideal :/

I'm filing a bug with the author about that now - I think they need to
add a method to expose amqp_simple_wait_frame() from the underlying C
library.

Toby