[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP performance problems at > 1200 messages/s
al at ooyala.com
Tue Nov 8 18:22:55 GMT 2011
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Matthias Radestock
<matthias at rabbitmq.com>wrote:
> On 08/11/11 00:18, Al Tobey wrote:
>> I mentioned some performance issues I experienced over the weekend with
>> STOMP on Twitter and @monadic asked me to send an email, so here it is.
> What changed between...
1.) We started paying attention and caring about delays
2.) Load increased, by as much as 2x depending on time of day
When I say "seemed to be working fine", that was right after putting
everything together and verifying that messages were flowing at something
that, to my eyeballs, seemed like a reasonable rate. Right after startup,
I didn't really watch for any kind of delay because I was basically doing "
stomp_drainer.pl |pv >/dev/null".
> Everything seemed to be working fine when I set it up. Messages were
>> going in and coming out just fine at 5000-6000 messages/s (both sides
> we started to notice that there was anywhere from 30-600 seconds of lag
>> between the logs and his client (a dead-simple Ruby app using
>> net-stomp). [...] ~1200 messages/s is the observed limit
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss