[rabbitmq-discuss] Channel error handling

Jesse C crimson.corelio at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:05:14 GMT 2011

Hey,

So I'm working on writing a program using the Java client and I'm not sure
the best way to handle channel errors.  I find that when I do a
basicPublish and something goes wrong with communicating the message to
RabbitMQ, I do not get told anything (in this case I was setting a UserID
that did not match the logged-in id).  The next time I attempt to access
the channel, I get an error that relates to what went wrong.  However that
error will often be in a completely different part of the code, so the
stack trace is basically useless.  Is there something I should call after I
do a publish to verify that the message went through correctly?

thanks,

jesse c