[rabbitmq-discuss] object not found in RabbitMQ admin panel

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 2 11:13:53 GMT 2011

On 02/11/11 09:52, Emile Joubert wrote:
> We don't have an equivalent nginx config, so it would be very useful if
> you could confirm how to do that. Proxies must not canonicalise or
> modify URLs.

To be more specific, it's very common in the mgmt plugin to have URL
paths that look like

/api/queues/%2f/myqueue

We've seen Apache rewrite this as:

/api/queues///myqueue

which then doesn't work. To the best of my reading ability this violates
RFC 3986. Apache needs to be told "nocanon" in order not to do that -
nginx may also be similarly confused.

If you turn on HTTP request logging (see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html) you can see if nginx is doing
such rewriting.

If you do get a working nginx config, please let us know and I'll add it
to the website.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen