[rabbitmq-discuss] exchanges properties modification and get message count from a queue

Alfonso Pantoja alfonso.pantoja at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:21:18 BST 2011

Hi,

I have 2 doubts regarding exchanges and queue properties.

Question 1:

I'd would like to know if there is a way to modify an exchange
properties without delete and re-create it again.
In our case we have existing exchanges with queues binded to them.
Having into account that if a exchange is deleted all its bindings are
deleted too automatically I'm wondering how  exchange arguments can be
modified in order to attach an alternate exchange and without stopping
all publishers (because if there is no exchange messages sent to it
will fail while it does not exist)

Question 2:

Using .NET API is it possible to get the number of messages of a queue
and/or other properties such as binding outing keys, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Alfonso