[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ extended specification

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Sun May 8 08:35:56 BST 2011

On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 01:24:58AM -0400, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> On Sunday, May 8, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Any chance the XML doc will be updated with a label and doc node for the field?

No - the AMQP 0-9-1 WG decided, I believe, rather than to leave field
names alone and deprecate them, decided to rename fields as well, which
is why every method that could take a "ticket" in 0-8, now has a
"reserved" field in 0-9-1.

> My bad, I went back and realized that the capabilities used in the
> extension is part of the server-properties and client-properties
> field.

Yeah - as I explain at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html#capabilities, the 0-8
capabilities field was almost unusable, being a shortstr. Adding a
nested table into the client properties and server properties was a
nicer route that doesn't mess with the spec at all because the content
of that table is undefined by the spec.

> > Also I noticed auto-delete is considered deprecated in both the AMQP
> > 0-9-1 xml doc and the extended spec xml doc. Is this an error or is
> > auto-delete considered an extension of 0-9-1 for RabbitMQ since it's
> > deprecated?

Oh, I assume you mean exchange.declare{auto_delete}
http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#class.exchange

Yes indeed. I'll raise a bug to get this fixed.

Matthew