[rabbitmq-discuss] Queues Per Client or Per Company

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Fri May 6 21:50:29 BST 2011

On sabato 7 maggio 2011 at 00.38, Marcus Vinitius Baffa wrote:
> The server application will start a new thread for each command it receives, and the thread will execute the command and publish in the output queue of the User the response. I believed that I would have to use one channel per thread and that channel would be created by the thread.
>
> If the cost of creating channel is high I could create a Channel Pool.

If you are going to use N threads for N clients in the server app, it can use N channels, however, if amount of time it takes to calculate the result is larger than it is to push data down the network, 1 channel can work perfectly fine. In any case, you probably can get 80% of work done with just 1 channel and then switch to N.

Opening a channel results in a network round trip between your app and AMQP broker but most apps probably can consider this "a lightweight operation".
--
MK