[rabbitmq-discuss] New Custom Exchagne: Last History

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:51:34 BST 2011

Hi list,

I created a new custom exchange called Recent History Exchange.

The use case for what I created it is for a Web Chat that I'm implementing.

Each user has an "anonymous" exclusive/auto delete queue that is bound to a "group-chat" exchange when they join the chat room.

The idea is that the last 20 messages that went through this exchange are kept in Mnesia, so whenever there's a new Binding, that queue will get those messages. This will make a user that joins the chat will get the last messages so he has a context of the conversations.

The exchange is heavily inspired in the Last Value Cache exchange: https://github.com/squaremo/rabbitmq-lvc-plugin

The custom exchange type is: x-recent-history

And here's the code: https://github.com/videlalvaro/rabbitmq-recent-history-exchange

Soon I will open source the webchat application so there will be an example on how to use it.

Cheers,

Alvaro

Sent form my Nokia 1100