[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems starting 2.4.0 on OS X w/ mgmt plugins

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Thu Mar 31 16:26:47 BST 2011

It does seem to be related to hostname resolution issues. I think its a firewall issue because when I'm working at the library and on their WiFi, it always gets hung at this spot. When I'm on my home WiFi, though, I don't see problems.

I still get the warnings, either way. But I don't think that's directly related to this network issue.

jb

On Mar 31, 2011, at 9:45 AM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

> For what it's worth, I run into this on OSX as well from time to time with previous versions. When it happens, a CTRL-C where its hung gets things moving again.
>
> I'll look for hostname resolution issues when/if I see it again.
>
> Gavin
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:22 AM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Jon,
>

> Jon Brisbin wrote:
> Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:bind_socket/2
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:start/0
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:stop/0
> *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine_resource:start_link/2
> 6 plugins activated:
> * amqp_client-2.4.0
> * mochiweb-1.3
> * rabbit_management-2.4.0.1
> * rabbit_management_agent-2.4.0
> * rabbit_mochiweb-2.4.0
> * webmachine-1.7.0
>
> ^C
> BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
>      (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution
> ^C
>
> ^^^^^^^^
> This is where I kill it...then it continues on fine...
>
> Do you encounter the same behaviour w/o any plug-ins installed? I suspect you do, but please check.
>
> FWIW, I reckon rabbit gets stuck at
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/rabbitmq_v2_4_0/src/rabbit_prelaunch.erl#l250
>
> Does your hostname (jbrisbin) resolve? Is the epmd process running after you have started rabbit for the first time? And can you connect to epmd on your hostname ('telnet jbrisbin 4369')?
>

> Regards,
>
> Matthias.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin