[rabbitmq-discuss] Unexpected server crash and .NET API: disconnect is not detected?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 31 15:34:27 BST 2011

On 31/03/11 15:23, Alfonso Pantoja wrote:
> Emile,
>
> I've just turned on RequestedHeartbeat and it works. Thank you very much.
>
> By the way, what are the benefits/drawbacks of using lower or higher
> values in RequestedHeartBeat?

The benefits of frequent heartbeats are that connection problems will be
detected sooner. The drawback is the network overhead. Heartbeat frames
are very small so this should not pose a problem unless the network link
is very expensive, or you have thousands of connections with heartbeats,
or you are pushing the performance envelope.

Emile