[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-auth-backend-http

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Sat Mar 26 13:00:49 GMT 2011

On 26/03/2011 12:38AM, Max Bridgewater wrote:
> Thanks you for this plugin. It opens some few more doors.

Thanks!

> Is there by
> any chance a quick hack that would allow transforming it into
> something that would make authentication via RabbitMQ-RPC instead of
> HTTP?

I would view that as a sufficiently different thing to be a different
plugin, but it's one that I will probably get around to writing at some
point fairly soon.

On 26/03/2011 5:53AM, Max Bridgewater wrote:
 > I built the plugin and tried it with the following configuration:

Hmm, the link to the binary plugin on github should really be more
prominent.

 > [
 > {rabbit, [{auth_backends, [rabbit_auth_backend_http]}, {cluster_nodes,
 > [rabbit at mqt,rabbit_1 at mqt,rabbit_2 at mqt]}]},
 > {rabbit_auth_backend_http,
 >     [{user_path,     "http://127.0.0.1:8080/uac"},
 >      {vhost_path,    "http://127.0.0.1:8080/uac"},
 >      {resource_path, "http://127.0.0.1:8080/uac"}]}
 > ].
 >
 > The logs say that the plugin was started successfully. The HTTP server
 > is build to send "allow" for all requests. Right now, however, no
 > request is being sent to my web server.
 > Any idea?

Hmm, that's odd. Do any failure-looking things turn up in the logs?

Ah, I just thought: nowhere in the documentation do I mention that this
requires at least 2.3.1. You're not using it with an older server are you?

Cheers, Simon