[rabbitmq-discuss] Use Case for RabbitMQ

endy kalu endy.kalu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 19:13:17 GMT 2011

I am new to RabbitMQ and Messaging in general. I am building an inventory
management system and exploring using a messaging system to maintain up to
date inventory quantities across several geographical locations. There will
be internet service in these locations but speed is really an issue.
My questions are:
1) Is RabbitMQ or messaging suitable for this.  I like the fact that it can
push out data and queued till consumed.
2) I am .Net and wondering if RabbitMQ can be "embedded" and distributed
with my application.
3) If using RabbitMQ, I am a bit unsure of the architecture. I have pondered
having RabbitMQ running in all the locations as it seems it's the only way
to have all server push and receive data.
4) I am new to this. I just want to know that this use case is suitable for
MQ.

I'll really appreciate your thoughts or any direction you can point me.

Thanks!