[rabbitmq-discuss] Help defining appropriate queue model

Fabio Margarido fabiomargarido at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:25:54 GMT 2011

Hi Michael.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 13:31, Michael Bridgen <mikeb at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> Right, at the minute the last values are transient. It probably wouldn't
> take much coding to make it save things to disk for durable exchanges.

OK, that figures... :) I know nothing of Erlang, but I'll take an overall
look and try to come up with an acceptable solution for my case. Would that
be a feature useful enough that you'd consider including in your code?

It will work with any queue. However, if you have many consumers to a queue,
> each message will be delivered to one consumer only -- that's the semantics
> of AMQP queues.  So, in your case, I think you want a queue for each
> consumer anyway.

Sorry for not being clearer, that's what I meant by 'exclusive' queues, not
the exclusive on AMQP terminology.
Thank you.