[rabbitmq-discuss] Scaling Rabbit
msteele at beringmedia.com
Wed Mar 23 20:29:04 GMT 2011
I've been noodling a scale problem for a while, and wanted some input.
Here's my scenario:
I have a relatively small number of publishers (1000), who I expect will
want to publish a very large number of messages (let's say 10 billion
messages a day) to a about 10 exchanges.
My naive first stab at trying to get this to scale using rabbit would be
- Create 10 direct exchanges
- Create 100 queues to each of the exchanges (randomly distributed onto
several nodes in a rabbit cluster).
- Bind each of the queues to a topic (random number from 1-100)
- Attach consumers to each of these queues (insert load balancer here)
- Have publishers randomly pick a number from 1-100 and use that as the
Does this approach make sense for getting scale?
Bering Media Inc.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss