[rabbitmq-discuss] Creating queues using web console

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 22 10:38:33 GMT 2011

On 22/03/11 06:42, Dhivya Swaminathan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully configured the management console and it runs
> successfully in http://localhost:55672/mgmt/#/.I have created a user and
> I am able to do all the activities except creating a queue,exchange etc.
>
> The problem is while creating a queue/exchange it asks for
> authentication and fails to authenticate the same username and
> password.What could be the problem?Whether we need to create queues
> using console or through code.Please suggest.

Hi Dhivya. I suspect that the problem is that you have not granted
permissions for this user to access the vhost you're using. When you
initially create a user they don't have permission to access anything.

At this point the HTTP API will reject access. Unfortunately the web
browser will typically respond to this by just popping up the
authenticate dialog again, which is not very clear.

Since this is a semi-common issue, I'll put some sort of warning on the
user detail page.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen