[rabbitmq-discuss] vhostpath

Steven Taylor taylste at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 11:52:16 GMT 2011

Hi,

if an exchange / queue is defined in a vhost (being a distinct namespace),
are there other benefits such as:

when a new queue is created, it wont cause a reparse / graph node rebuild of
*all* routing keys, only those in this particular vhost/namespace?  i.e.
RabbitMQ (can't remember exact Rabbit terminology) use a topology/graph
based search algorithm to make topic exchanges message destination
resolution more efficient.

Is this statement True or False?  Not sure how important this is.  Not sure
how expensive the routing graph rebuild thing is... it just occured to me
while thinking about a certain senario.

Also, thanks for the info... I know you guys live and breathe the AQMP spec,
but most of us aren't going to read it if we don't have to.  I think many
newcommers will have this perspective.  That said, I do plan on looking at
the AQMP spec at some point.

thanks,
-Steven