[rabbitmq-discuss] can I check queue exists or not?

John DeTreville jdetreville at vmware.com
Thu Mar 17 05:34:05 GMT 2011

Sam,

A message queue is a logical construct. You don't get to know how it is stored, but you don't need to know, because you access it through an interface.

You create a queue by declaring it. Declaring it twice is the same as declaring it once, so it's reasonable for producers and consumers both to declare the queues they use.

Cheers,
John