[rabbitmq-discuss] How can I connect in a cluster using Java library

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 16 17:10:00 GMT 2011

Hi Lucas,

On 16/03/11 16:13, Lucas Souza wrote:
> If I'm connected on node A, and my cluster is composed by node A and
> node B, if node A down, will I have to connect in node B explicitily?
>
> Always I have to choice a node to connect?

If you want clients to reconnect when nodes disappear then take a look
at the message patterns library, as mentioned previously. Clients can
reconnect to any of the nodes that are still running.

Keep in mind that rabbit clusters are intended to provide scalability
rather than availability.

Regards

Emile