[rabbitmq-discuss] Program to get list_queues from client RabbitMQ.

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 15 12:51:07 GMT 2011

Hi Waseem,

Queue enumeration does not form part of the AMQP specification, so there
is no way of implementing this using only AMQP.

If you are unable to install a plugin to help then another option is to
implement the same interface that rabbitmqctl uses internally to
communicate with the broker:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/rabbitmq_v2_3_1/src/rabbit_control.erl#l232

If your utility must be written in Java then the Jinterface
documentation will be useful:

http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/jinterface/jinterface_users_guide.html

Regards

Emile