[rabbitmq-discuss] Client connect/disconnect events on the server side

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Mar 14 19:43:59 GMT 2011

Miguel,

On 14/03/11 19:27, Miguel Morales wrote:
> I too would be interested in this.  Not sure if anything like this
> exists but basically it could be some sort of callback mechanism where
> we are notified of when a client has connected/disconnected to the broker.

What do you need this for?

And what information would have to be passed to such a callback?

If you are just interested in network-level connect/disconnect events
then a simple TCP proxy could give you that information.

Or you could do some live processing of rabbit's log files, which,
amongst other things, contain all connect/disconnect events. Or you
could get the log events over AMQP by binding to the amq.rabbitmq.log
topic exchange.

Regards,

Matthias.