[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq 2.3 and SERVER_START_ARGS

Brian Thomason brian.thomason at canonical.com
Thu Mar 10 20:22:11 GMT 2011

Hi,

I was packaging up the stomp plugin for rabbitmq 2.2.0 and was
using SERVER_START_ARGS in /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf (actually, since
rabbitmq just sources that file, I setup a .d directory and
had /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf source that dir so plugins could drop-in
their own config snippets) to set the ports that stomp should listen on.

I see that the config file has changed in rabbitmq 2.3, but according to the
docs, the env vars in rabbitmq.conf should still be honored; however, that
doesn't appear to be working.

Has the SERVER_START_ARGS env var been changed to something else or as of
2.3, is there simply no way to change stomp ports without using the new
config file format?

Regards,

Brian