[rabbitmq-discuss] Re try and Throttling

butterdave2 mark.pork at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:08:53 GMT 2011

Is there anything in Rabbit that can control the amount of times a consumer
may "retry" a message?
There may be instances when a message has something about it that will cause
it to "fail" downstream in the Consumer code. I wouldn't want to continue to
hammer away...

I can programmatically include the number of retry attempts with the message
(a kind of metadata) and then design the Consumer to query this field. (then
once we hit our MAX_RETRY, we will do something else to it...)

Also in similar fashion, is there any control around "throttling" or slowing
down the consumption of messages from a queue?

Apologies if this has been brought up before.

Thanks,

DP