[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmqctl list_queues explanation needed

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 8 10:26:40 GMT 2011

Hi Sunil,

On 08/03/11 10:15, Sunil Arora wrote:
> Thanks Emile,
>
> This is indeed helpful.
>
> I investigated more and found out the reason behind those increasing
> queues.
>
> We are using celeryd (http://celeryproject.com) and we were suppose
> to turn off a particular settings to disable this growing queues.
> celery was dumping new queue for every background job that was being
> posted to RabbitMQ and we didn't need that.
>
> Now I want to delete these acknowledged messages. what is the best
> way to do it ?  I do not want to flush to unacknowledged messages.

You can't have acknowledged messages in a queue. Acknowledging a
messages tells the broker to forget about it.

You don't have unacknowledged messages. The "messages_unacknowledged"
column in your output is empty.

You have a single message in each queue which can be removed by
consuming it.

Regards

Emile