[rabbitmq-discuss] can I create multiple channel for multiple thread work?

Rob Harrop rob at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 4 11:35:25 GMT 2011

Creating a single connection and having ~25 channels will be perfectly
fine.

I recommend using QueueingConsumer for each of the consumers on these
channels to prevent any possible deadlock problems.

Setting channel.basicQos(1) will mean that your consumers get
approximately fair distribution of the work, but you should ensure that
you are using autoAck=false when setting up the consumer otherwise QoS
settings are ignored.

Rob