[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP authorization?

Rob Harrop rob at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 4 11:29:13 GMT 2011

A STOMP SEND is translated into a basic.publish, so you can set up write
permissions on the exchange that the publish is being sent to.

Which exchange to choose will depend on the STOMP destination type you
are using. I'm guessing that you're using /topic destinations - these
are mapped to the amq.topic destination so setting up the correct write
permissions on that exchange should work for you.

If you are using /queue destinations, these are mapped on to the default

Obviously, /exchange/<name> destinations are mapped on to the named

Hope this helps,