[rabbitmq-discuss] Message returned as unroutable even if consumer is listening

Jiri Krutil jiri at krutil.com
Thu Mar 3 12:55:56 GMT 2011

Marek,

> As you can see immediate->"undelivered", mandatory->"unroutable".
>
> You can try using rabbitmq-management plugin to debug if your
> exchanges/bindings/queues are configured properly.
> (you may also try rabbitmqctl, but it's harder to use)

Thanks for your response. I think that our configuration is correct.

The thing we don't understand is that our messages are being returned
by the broker because of "no consumers", even if we can see a consumer
listening (both via rabbitmqctl and the management plugin).

In all other environments this design seems to work fine. We are
trying to find out what is wrong with the single broker installation
that does not want to accept any messages.

Cheers
Jiri