[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ latency and message lost issue.

Shixin Song Shixin.Song at markit.com
Wed Mar 2 13:43:35 GMT 2011

To whom it may concern,

I am testing RabbitMQ at this moment. I have installed rabbitmq server and developed C++ client library using rabbitmq C library.

I found out that RabbitMQ never drops the message which means it has 0 message loss. But in my case, the latency is much more important than the message loss. Some message loss is acceptable in order to limit the maximal message latency. Could any one inform me how to configure rabbitmq to let it drop some messages when the latency is too high or the queue is reached to a maximum value.

Best regards
Shixin

This e-mail, including accompanying communications and attachments, is strictly confidential and only for the intended recipient. Any retention, use or disclosure not expressly authorised by Markit is prohibited. This email is subject to all waivers and other terms at the following link: http://www.markit.com/en/about/legal/email-disclaimer.page

We have recently moved to our new head office located at Ropemaker Place, 25 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9LY.
Please visit http://www.markit.com/en/about/contact/contact-us.page? for contact information on our offices worldwide.