[rabbitmq-discuss] Fwd: socket error while using rabbitmq and a NAT (Network address translation)

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 2 12:55:25 GMT 2011

On 02/03/11 12:38, mysurf mail wrote:

> Hi,
> I ran the multicast main . from the computer with the good connection it
> seemed to work.
> from the computer with the bad connection - it seemed to not work.
>
> I was seconds away from taking this to the IT , but then I remembered
> that both computes run the RabbitMQ client 1.7.0 successfully .
>
> Maybe you can tell me what changed in the implementation of the 2.3.1 or
> the erlang??

The release notes should contain this information. You can get these
from the rabbitmq-announce mailing list archives:

http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-announce/

If version 1.7.0 worked, can you try to repeat the MulticastMain test,
but using MulticastMain and client from the 1.7.0 release? You'll find
it here:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.7.0/

> I am adding the output file for the multicast. it has outputs from both
> computers.

You have left out the full command issued on GoodComputer. Can you
please supply this?

You should be aware that 1434 (UDP) is a registered port for MS SQL
Server. Is there any reason why you are not using the default AMQP port
(5672)? Can you try using port 5672?

Regards

Emile