[rabbitmq-discuss] Failed to build rabbitmq-server on an aix6.1 system

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 2 10:19:23 GMT 2011

Hi helf,

On 02/03/11 09:05, helf wrote:
> make: *** No rule to make target `deps.mk', needed by
> `ebin/bpqueue.beam'.  Stop.

The deps.mk file does have a rule in the Makefile and it is generated by
the generate_deps escript. I can confirm that this does work correctly
(at least on AIX 5.3).

I would suggest that you first try to compile RabbitMQ on another
platform (e.g. Linux). This will show you what to expect when compiling.
It might be easiest to download and extract the latest generic unix
release from http://www.rabbitmq.com/server.html and use that on AIX,
assuming you have a working Erlang.

Regards

Emile