[rabbitmq-discuss] Losing messages, why?

DOBRO Sergei vertolet666 at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 1 20:50:14 GMT 2011

01.03.2011, 22:53, "Matthias Radestock" <matthias at rabbitmq.com>:
> On 01/03/11 19:13, DOBRO Sergei wrote:
>
>>  Each worker declares a queue which has a unique name. After
>>  restarting worker it declares a new unique queue and everything works
>>  ok. So, due to this fact I believe that messages are getting lost.
>
> How do you know something is *not* working ok? Or to put it another way,
> exactly what observation are you making that indicates something isn't
> right? Are workers perhaps logging something when they do their work,
> and you observe that some workers stop logging after a while?

When a message is received, the worker must do some updates in database and must send a message to a specific exchange as confirmation of job completed. When the issue appears some of the workers do this job and some of them do not. All the workers are logging warnings or errors when:
- bad message is received (i.e. it could not be JSON-decoded),
- getting any SQL error during transaction,
- getting any AMQP exception,
- worker is disconnected from RabbitMQ or SQL server.

If a message is received and successfully processed, no logging made.