[rabbitmq-discuss] socket error while using rabbitmq and a NAT (Network address translation)

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 1 15:59:13 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 01/03/11 14:57, mysurf mail wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I setup a trace at the client app server. Set the listen port and
> connection port and got a log for the unsuccessful
> factory.newConnection() . I added it in attached the tracelog.txt.

This looks like a normal trace with a successful connection
establishment, and subsequent exchange and queue declarations. I would
be surprised if the broker logfile contained an abrupt connection
failure at the corresponding time. Can you please confirm? If possible
please supply a trace of a case where an error occurs.

> now regarding the other references you gave me
>
> 1 Protocol errors:
>   Acknowledging with an unknown delivery tag
>   Redeclaring exchanges with different parameters
>
> you recommended not acking more than once. This whole thing started when
> we upgraded the rabbitmq version and Matthias sujested we will change
> the consumer to ack (i.e. we changed it to
> channel.basicConsume(queueName, FALSE, queueingConsumer);)
> (This is if I understood him right )
> So How can I control the acking . How do I know if I ack more then once.

This is more than a recommendation. From the specification:

   "a client MUST not acknowledge the same message more than once."

Check whether your client contains instances of "channel.basicAck". If
you acknowledge messages more than once you will see a channel exception.

Emile