[rabbitmq-discuss] socket error while using rabbitmq and a NAT (Network address translation)

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 1 10:09:25 GMT 2011

Hi,

On 01/03/11 09:14, mysurf mail wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I followed your advice and here are my results.
>   I see myself in the connection list when I invoke a connection from a
> computer that gets the exception. I see it with "starting"  status and
> instantly it disappears. (I use new exchange name and no exchange is
> created)
>
> I tried to follow your advice about the tracer but i didn't find enough
> info about the file runjava.bat in 2.3.1 (it exists only in the 1.7.0
> package. not the 2.3.1.)
>
> it happens from almost half of the servers. not only the ones with the NAT.
> thanks.

Unfortunately this is not enough information to make any further guesses
about the cause of the problem. Can you please supply a complete
(compressed if necessary) broker logfile from one of the brokers where
this problem occurs.

I've confirmed that runjava.bat exists in the java client and the
complete windows bundle downloads. You can get the latest version here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/java-client.html . It will be helpful if you can
connect via the tracer and send the output.

Are the failing servers all running the same version of RabbitMQ? Is it
possible that they have some feature or configuration in common that may
be the cause of the problem?

Emile