[rabbitmq-discuss] Losing messages, why?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 1 07:22:19 GMT 2011

DOBRO Sergei wrote:
>> In the list_* output you sent, which consumers/queues are in the
>> "broken" state where their connected clients aren't receiving
>> messages?
>>
> All the consumers, queues, bindings and connections are present.

Understood, but my question was *which specific* worker(s) (and their
associated consumers/queues) had stopped working at the time you ran
these commands?

> I just can say that when the workers stop receiving messages I
> restart them and everything goes fine. Mysticism :)

If restarting them works fine then the problem is most certainly client
side.

As I said, you may want to tap the network to check whether messages do
indeed still get sent to the broken workers.

Regards,

Matthias.