[rabbitmq-discuss] is anybody using tx?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 30 07:14:48 BST 2011

Michael,

On 28/06/11 18:26, Michael Klishin wrote:
> Imagine a fairly large (a few terabytes) collection of documents that
> are clustered. Clustering can happen around different attributes, lets
> use date as example.
> Application that does clustering is an AMQP consumer. Because of the
> nature of clustering by date, it needs to process N documents at once
> (so again, batching), and only then acknowledge RabbitMQ and possibly
> other apps.

This is employing tx on the consuming/ack'ing side. Interesting; we
don't see that very often.

> Prefetching plus message acknowledgements kinda let me build something
> like this, however, it will require some extra care on app developer's side.

The app would need to keep track of the delivery tags of processed
messages and delay sending the ack until the end. So yes, some
additional book keeping and care would be needed.

> I hope this counts as useful feedback.

Definitely. Thanks!

Matthias.