[rabbitmq-discuss] accessRequest?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 29 08:30:31 BST 2011

Hi Jason,

Op 29/06/11 06:02, het Jason Klassen geskryf:
> I’m upgrading a project from the Rabbit 1.4 java client to 2.5.1.  I
> used to do
>

> val ticket = channel.accessRequest( "/data" )
>

> and get an int back.   What is the equivalent that I can do in 2.5.1?

Upgrading is a very good idea. You will probably find that the client
API's have also changed a bit since 1.4 .

The "Access" class was deprecated in AMQP 0-9-1 - see
http://www.rabbitmq.com/specification.html#deprecated-classes

RabbitMQ still implements access.request as a no-op for
backwards-compatibility, but you should not rely on it to be present in
future versions. You don't need tickets anymore, so remove the call.

VHosts play a similar role to realms. The admin guide has information on
how to set them up: http://www.rabbitmq.com/admin-guide.html#access-control

-Emile