[rabbitmq-discuss] examples of using basicPublish, basicConsume?

Jason Klassen Jason.Klassen at protegra.com
Wed Jun 29 06:07:34 BST 2011

Another question about upgrading from Rabbit 1.4 java client to 2.5.1.  I used to do

      channel.basicPublish(ticket, exchange, routingKey, null, bytes.toByteArray )

and

    channel.basicConsume( ticket, false, queueName, myDefaultConsumer)

Is it appropriate to just omit ticket?  If not, what is the equivalent that I can do in 2.5.1 for these methods?

Also where can I find information about basicPublish, basicConsume? The javadoc for channel http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v2.5.0/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-2.5.0/com/rabbitmq/client/AMQP.Channel.html does not seem to indicate available methods so I'm doing some guessing here.

Thanks,
Jason Klassen