[rabbitmq-discuss] Republishing messages when a broker is unreachable

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 02:18:33 BST 2011

After some googling I see that one recommended strategy is to install
rabbitmq on the clients and use the shovel plugin to push messages
from local queues to other exchanges. I like the approach but at the
same time if an organization requires support contracts on anything
used in a production quality revenue generating way that can shoot the
support costs to the stratosphere. ;)

Another problem that comes to mind is the fact that quite few clients
in our webfarm are already approaching their limits on memory and CPU
usage... installing rabbitmq on each of them feels a bit heavy.

Any other recommended solutions?

Thanks,
James