[rabbitmq-discuss] JMS audit/logging/resubmission web tool
adam at middleware360.com
Tue Jun 28 01:23:41 BST 2011
Hey everyone, I am hoping this email might stir some good conversation, I
would love to hear what everyone else is doing in this space.
I'm searching around to see if a particular tool exists, I can't seem to
find one so I thought I would see what everyone else is doing. I plan on
posting this in a few of the open source projects around to get the best
I am looking for a software tool which I will primarily use to audit,
monitor and resubmit messages sent to a JMS message broker. Ideally this
tool has the following features:
- Open Source with a good community
- Web based console to view and search messages
- Messages are persisted in a database (SQL/NoSQL)
- Ability to add custom "Action" buttons so that you could easily write a
plugin that "resubmits" a message back to a JMS queue/topic as well as write
whatever else you need. Would also need the ability to "edit" the message
- Ability to acknowledge/comment on failed messages
- Support for displaying/viewing Java objects, (probably limits me to Java
- Have the ability to send email alerts based on user defined conditions
- Graphing, statistics and reporting regarding how many messages we're sent
to each queue/topic in 5 minute intervals grouped by topic/message type.
- Does not need to have a JMS adaptor, as long as their is an API to get
the data into the tool, i'm sure this would be easy to write/contribute.
- Supports millions of messages/day
- BAM style dashboard
I would really like to have a tool like this to monitor/audit/log/replay
messages in my JMS environment. I see a lot of similarities with what I
want in the tools like Zenoss/OpenNMS/syslog-ng/splunk etc.. as they all
have "Eventing/Syslog" capabilities.
I would prefer to add/contribute to an existing project as opposed to
building something custom myself...
- What is everyone else out there doing for auditing and tracking of failed
messages in your JMS environment?
- Which open source tool do you think is the closest to what i'm looking
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/JMS-audit-logging-resubmission-web-tool-tp31942507p31942507.html
Sent from the RabbitMQ mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss