[rabbitmq-discuss] is anybody using tx?

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 19:44:29 BST 2011

On 06/27/2011 07:30 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> On 27/06/11 19:21, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 06/27/2011 06:51 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:
>>> Also is the "only atomic for a single queue" restriction of AMQP's tx ok
>>> for your app?
>>
>> Its not really fair to say that that is a limitation of AMQP.
>
> I am trying to ascertain to what degree people rely on (just) what is
> guaranteed by the AMQP 0-9-1. Implementations are of course free to go
> beyond that.

Yes, but as you know the reason that the full atomicity guarantee was
not clarified in 0-9-1 was that RabbitMQ did not support it.

I'm certainly not saying you should, either. It's entirely reasonable to
consider whether any additional feature is in fact used and needed.

I just think its a little unfair to portray it as a question of
inadequate guarantees in the specification since that guarantee was in
fact limited by implementation.