[rabbitmq-discuss] Feedback on STOMP changes

Massimo Paladin Massimo.Paladin at cern.ch
Fri Jun 24 15:16:53 BST 2011

Hello,

I was right looking at RabbitMQ and STOMP support.

I have some recommendations which could be useful.

I find that change 2 might be a problem in some of the cases.
Producers usually don't have a notion of creating the destination, they just
like to send a message.
Removing the possibility to create queues would mean to add the notion of
creating queues on producers.
If this notion wouldn't be added the messages sent before the subscription
of a consumers will be discarded.

I find which it would be nice to extend a little the flexibility of the
stomp support.
For instance, correct me if I am wrong please, I wasn't able to do the
following via pure stomp:
- create an exchange of type topic and name X
- create a queue of name Y (durable and not auto-delete)
- add binding between X and Y
This is translated in what in JMS is called durable subscriber,
it would be nice to be able to do something like this.

Stomp component increases interoperability with other messaging brokers,
it would be great to try to have similar behaviors for some of the basic
messaging blocks.
People might be interested in changing messaging broker if similar
functionality would be supported.

Change 1 adds flexibility, however I would keep auto creation in SEND
phase with a default set of parameters.
These default parameters could be the most obvious or the one which would
allow easy interoperability between different products.

Regards,
---
Massimo Paladin

email: massimo.paladin at gmail.com