[rabbitmq-discuss] BUG: Upgrades from 2.1.1 or 2.2.0 directly to 2.5.0 don't work

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 24 13:00:59 BST 2011

Hi all.

Just wanted to let you know that we've determined that upgrading
directly from 2.1.1 or 2.2.0 directly to 2.5.0 will not work, and leave
you with a failed upgrade.

Upgrading from 2.1.1 or 2.2.0 to 2.4.1, and then to 2.5.0 will work.

We'll probably spin a 2.5.1 release early next week that just corrects
this issue, and I'm going to start enhancing our automated tests now :)

If you've already done the upgrade and it's failed you can either:

* Delete your mnesia directory and start again

or

* Revert to 2.4.1
* Move the directory mnesia/$NODENAME out of the way
* Rename mnesia/$NODENAME-upgrade-backup to mnesia/$NODENAME
* Start Rabbit
* Upgrade to 2.5.0

Thanks to Josh Geisser for the bug report, and apologies to everyone for
the inconvenience.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen