[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation plugin preview release

Derek Chen-Becker dbecker at cpicorp.com
Wed Jun 22 18:11:10 BST 2011

On 06/22/2011 11:10 AM, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> The federation plugin is now merged; it'll be in the next release. But
> if you're curious, I've made a version available that's compatible with
> 2.5.0. Read all about it here:
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2011/06/22/federation-plugin-preview-release/
>
> Cheers, Simon

Looks very interesting. We're doing our own in-house federation using a
shovel-like agent to do hub-and-spoke routing for about 3000 spokes and
2 hubs. I've discussed it a bit with Alexis but this looks like it might
also be an option. I'm going to have to sit down and play with it/digest
how it works but I'll provide some feedback based on whether or not this
is feasible for our (probably unusual) scenario :)

Cheers,

Derek

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer, Security Architect
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314-231-7711 x6455
Fax:   314-613-6724
dbecker at cpicorp.com
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: E4C4 26C0 8588 E80A C29F  636D 1FBE 0FE3 2871 4AE8