[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit Boot Steps

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 22 12:09:54 BST 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 01:05:20PM +0200, Alvaro Videla wrote:
> > Because the functionality is now completely non rabbit-specific, they
> > should not really be in a module with a rabbit_ prefix. The more
> > reusable parts of rabbit's code base tend to follow this rule.
>
> What about the calls to: rabbit_misc:build_acyclic_graph/3 and
> rabbit_misc:all_module_attributes/1 ? Have you factored those out too?

Ahh well if those aren't going to be pulled out then there's little
sense pulling out the boot steps. And we do use the acyclic graph stuff
elsewhere too, and it's non-sensical for the other call sites to expect
to find that functionality in a module concerning boot.

> > We'd probably need you to sign a contributor agreement to accept these
> > changes, which I'll send to you off list - I don't think you've already
> > signed one.
>
> I signed one once, when I contributed back some PHP examples for http://www.rabbitmq.com/getstarted.html

Ahh ok, thanks. I had a look but couldn't find it. I'm sure it must be
somewhere around.

Matthew