[rabbitmq-discuss] LATEST.LOG growth on clustered ram node

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 22 11:37:31 BST 2011

Chris,

On 22/06/11 11:25, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:18:36AM -0400, Chris Madden wrote:
>> I upgraded our erlang version to R14B03, but the LATEST.LOG still
>> continues to be growing, albeit, more slowly perhaps?
>
> Curious.

Are you sure that you haven't perhaps got a growing list of queues?
Check with 'rabbitmqctl list_queues'. Or, even better, use the fancy new
'rabbitmqctl report' to produce a complete report of the server status
and send that to us.

>> I'm kind of suspicious of one of the queue usage models I'm using.
>> When one of the processes needs to make a one-off request (rpc
>> like), it creates a queue dedicated to that request, and expects
>> the reply to come back on that queue.

Generally, "queue per request" is a design anti pattern. Though if your
processes are short-lived and don't make many requests it's ok.

Matthias.