[rabbitmq-discuss] Question on who usually manages brokers

Kamil Choudhury Kamil.Choudhury at anserinae.net
Mon Jun 20 20:15:51 BST 2011

Once an IT organization grows beyond a certain size, I think it's natural for the ownership of production messaging infrastructure to be transferred over to a dedicated sysops team.

That said, there is something to be said for not relinquishing too much control to dedicated teams. I prefer to maintain control of my development infrastructure: the overhead of coordinating with external teams on the numerous config changes involved during the development period of any project is a horrible productivity sink.

YMMV.