[rabbitmq-discuss] accessing rabbitmq with json-rpc

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 20 14:49:17 BST 2011

On 18/06/11 16:11, hufflepuff at hush.com wrote:
> What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible to send a POST request
> to rabbitmq without changing the example plugin and loading it
> straight into rabbitmq? Otherwise (sorry if this sounds rude) what
> is the point of json-rpc?

I assume that most people using json-rpc either:

1) Play with it in a trivial manner (i.e. serve static content with

2) Use some HTTP proxying to make it seem like part of the same domain

3) Use it with some server-side http messaging (I think someone wrote a
PHP library which talks to JSON-RPC rather than AMQP?)

Having said that, it seems like CORS support would be a sensible thing
to add. Having said *that*, rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel doesn't really have
a maintainer now, so I can't promise anything.

Cheers, Simon

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware