[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchange performance

Max C maxence.cordier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:41:16 BST 2011

I have two questions I'd like to ask about exchanges.

What happen to a message published to an exchange if no queue is
suscribed to that exchange ?

In my application, I have a bunch of devices sendind data to a
rabbitMQ broker. I'm wondering if I should use 1 exchange for all my
devices, tagging messages with the name of the device which send
them ? Or if I should use 1 exchange per device.
I assume it depends on how the publication process is implemented.
Does it instanciate 1 thread per exchange ? or does 1 thread deal with
all of exchanges ? Maybe this is more complicated ..